Monday 25 April 2011

[Interview] Daesung Junon Magazine Interview

Source: DCDS+butimbigbang+bbupdates


















Q1. First of all we talk about the drama ‘What’s Up’. It’s been a topic in Japan, but what kind of guy is D-Lite playing, and what kind of story is it? We could see photos on the Verdis(?) concert Japanese homepage, but what was the costume like?

Dae: Its a drama about the passion of college students dreaming of being musical stars. I’m one of them. I wore a mask on stage, and it was a lot heavier than I thought and felt uncomfortable.

Q2. What was it like working as an actor? What was difficult? What were the lessons you had before you started filming, or the things you practiced yourself?
Dae: There were lots of musical scenes, and because the performing actors and staff always paid attention to me, I really practiced a lot in places they couldn’t see. The songs and dances were different from the one I do with Big Bang, so I worked hard to be able to perform them really well.

Q3. What was the most enjoyable thing in filming? Are there differences between work as Big Bang and solo work?

Dae: I’d done a musical, and had also had to have done a drama, but it was all really fun. I think both as Big Bang activities and solo work have their own appeal.

Q4. Next is about music. D-Lite’s solo song ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ became a headline in this year’s Big Show - what is the meaning of the song? Please explain for Japanese fans who haven’t heard it!

Dae: It’s a love song, but the melody is sad, isn’t it? The meaning is: ‘Even if you have something don’t cry, I’m by your side’. The song is in Big Bang’s Special Edition Album in Korea, so please listen to it and feel the song.

Q5. What’s the difference between Baby Don’t Cry and your solo songs up til now?

Dae: My solo songs up til now have been happy with a bit of Enka (Japanese equivalent of Trot music), but BDC is the genre of song I most wanted to sing.

Q6. Recently we think you’ve become manly and sexy, did something happen? Your body is also stronger/buffer, did you do special training?

Dae: Sexy?! Haha! You noticed? Haha, I’m sorry. You say ‘strong’, but I think when I lost a few kilos my hidden muscles appeared. Haha, I’m sorry!!

Q7. In a previous article you said that ‘the secret to your smiling face’ is that you have lots of fun things going on around you. Has anything fun happened to make you smile?

Dae: Well recently in Korea we held Big Show, and more fans then ever before came so we were delighted. Of course when I see fans I naturally smile.

Q8. Also in a previous Junon article you said, ‘I want to go skiing!’ Did you get to go? And you probably don’t get much holiday, but how do you spend your free days?
Dae: I’m at home all day on free days. I think that not going out is the best way to spend a free day. I got to go skiing once too!

Q9. Is there anything you’re crazy about recently?

Dae: Its not something I’m crazy about, but everyone saw my ‘all-purpose bag’ and then bought me bags as presents, so I have loads of bags at home. But it wouldn’t be good if I didn’t have a bag.

Q10. Soon its the Japan Tour!! All the Japanese fans are waiting excitedly, but is there anything you’re excited about when you come to Japan?
Dae: Of course its always exciting being able to meet Japanese fans, and I want to see everyone being genki/happy. Please wait just a little bit longer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment